This page is going to list out some of the tools I use for various things and I break them up into categories for organization.
SQL Server (General)
|Poor SQL||http://poorsql.com||handy page to use when you get code from a developer or on a server that is just not formatted well, or at all|
|SQL Fiddle||http://sqlfiddle.com||used commonly for posting live examples on StackExchange and other various forums. Nice to use if you have a quick thought to work out or for teach purposes with co-workers and such. This thing has support for various RDBMS, very cool to just play with.|
|Statistics Parser||http://statisticsparser.com/||utilizing STATISTICS IO and/or STATISTICS TIME, you can use this to parse out the text output and makes it a bit easier to read if you are not used to that type of output.|
|TraceTune||http://www.tracetune.com||formerly ClearTrace now offers an online version that can process small size trace files for you|
SQL Server (BI Tools)
- BIDSHelper - CodePlex project that is a package generator based on the Business Intelligence Markup Language.
- Just to note that you can view the documentation link for this tool and it will list out some of the specific features outside of just generating packages. A few worth pointing out:
- Variables Window Extensions
- SSIS Performance Visualization
- Sortable Package Properties Report
- Pipeline Component Performance Breakdown
- Expression List - this is one that includes a feature that became a CodePlex project itself: SSIS Expression Editor & Tester, this looks pretty cool itself.
- Expression and Configuration Highlighter
- BimlScript Editor (Online)
- Along the lines of BIML if you have not already started using it, direct links to documentation: